Socks for Homeless – A Kid’s Drive in Chilling Winter

I am Rudy Washington, otherwise known as the Sock Man and today I am giving out socks to the homeless people on this very cold day in Detriot. 
11 year old Rudy helping homeless people by keep their feet warm this winter. 
I just want to give you some socks just so you know. There are people out here who care about you. God Bless You All. Thank You. 
It makes a difference for those who live on the streets and face frigid temperatures. 
I never knew the word bone-chilling until recently. You have to keep your feet warm and dry. I am diabetic so I really need socks. 
It only takes one man to change the world and remember that it comes from the heart. That’s what makes the man. 
Rudy started his sock drive in December 2015. My mom and I were sitting on the couch and she was scrolling on the facebook and said socks are the most needed, but the least donated items and that really broke my heart and I asked, can we start a sock drive? 
Rudy’s sock drive is a nonprofit that runs entirely on donations. Over 2000 pairs of socks were handed out in 2016. Another 6000 pairs will be donated to a local homeless shelter. 
Rudy balances his volunteer work with school, basketball and music. He want to be a singer when grows hp. In addition to socks, Rudy also gives out hugs. It is not about me. That’s somebody’s mom, dad, brother, sister. 
You never know how much you have until you lose what you have.

WATCH VIDEO ویڈیو دیکھیں